Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks: Take 2

So Thanksgiving is upon us, which means the madness of the holiday season is upon us.
I won't go into the humbug of that.

In my home Mabon and Thanksgiving are pretty similar. Eat too much and pass out.
Although instead of Mabon bread I will be making Maple Nut bread (a recipe passed around in my family and much treasured). I'll have snacks out such as dill pickles, sweet pickles, black and green olives, and baby carrots with dip.
On the menu:

Stuffed Turkey wrapped in bacon
Garlic mashed potatoes
Sweet buttery corn
Cranberry Sauce
Mashed Turnips
Wine
Apple Cider
Pecan Pie

In other news:
I rearranged my bedroom. It included moving my Kemetic Shrine and dusting it. There was much rejoicing, "Yay!"
I also was reminded through a Karma Card reading to put faith back into prayer. I am thankful for that. Prayer has always been a powerful tool for me and lately I have abandoned it. I took this reminder pretty seriously and immediately refocused to include it in my life again. Already, I feel the effects of it.


Many blessings to everyone on Thanksgiving!

Ankh, Udja, Seneb!

0 comments: